Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let's Meet and Eat Meat

In today's society we are wrapped up in the idea of being healthy and doing what is best for our bodies. Everyone's definition of "healthy" is different for every person you ask. My idea of being healthy is having the correct balance of nutrition and exercise in your daily lifestyle. This of course includes the obvious consumption of dairy, carbs, fats (good and bad- splurging a little never killed anyone!), sodium, sugar and of course, protein. Protein I think is the most important component in one's diet. This answers the pertinent question of being a meat-eater. I choose to eat meat because I have grown up eating chicken, steak, pork chops, filet, you name it, I've most likely eaten it. 


Vegetarian Times study shows 7.3 million Americans are vegetarians and an additional 22.8 million follow a vegetarian-inclined diet. Therefore, on the other and, a large number of Americans choose not to eat meat. It may be for reasons of the taste or it may be the reason of animal cruelty or it could be various other reasons. I, personally, eat meat due to the fact that not only is it delicious but it provides me with a balanced and nutritious diet. I don't like the taste of many fish so my sole leader of protein in my diet comes from meat. I may be unknowledgeable about the animal and production process of the meat and for now, I am fine with being unaware. I like eating meat, and that is the way it is going to stay!


If you are vegetarian or a red-meat vegetarian, click here to learn more about that type of lifestyle!


A fun video about why you should eat meat and where it comes from:





No comments:

Post a Comment